It’s helpful to know how to update your Netflix password for a variety of reasons. Perhaps you’re concerned that a data breach has exposed the details of your accounts, or you previously revealed your password with a friend, member of your family. It’s possible that all you need to do to recover access to your streaming account is reset your current Netflix password and establish a new one.
By Netflix change password you may protect your online account from unauthorised users, so how do you change your Netflix password?
How to change Netflix password on desktop?
1. First, visit the Netflix website (opens in new tab) in your desktop browser. Sign into your account by clicking the red Sign In icon in the top right corner.
2. You will go to the Netflix main page after selecting your profile. Click Account by moving your mouse over the account icon in the top-right corner.
3. To change your password, use the “Change password” option under Membership & Billing.
4. Type your current password first, then the new one you want to use. To confirm, type in your new password once more.
5. Verify the “Require all devices to sign in again with new password” checkbox is checked. Anyone who is currently connected into your Netflix account will be compelled to log in using your new password, which they won’t know.
6. To confirm your password change and go back to your Account page, click Save.
How to find your Netflix password on mobile?
There is no other way to find your Netflix password, but changing the password is the only option left, so through the below mentioned steps you can change your password.
1. Your iOS or Android device should now be open to the Netflix mobile app. Select your profile under Who’s Watching after logging into your account.
2. On an iPhone or Android device, tap the account option next to your profile picture in the top-right corner of the screen.
*On an iPad or Android tablet, select Account by tapping “More” at the bottom of the screen. By doing this, the Netflix website will open on your phone’s default browser.
3. By tapping “Change password.” enter your old and new passwords.
*Check the option next to “Require all devices to sign in again with new password,” as described above.
4. By click on save, you confirm the change, your Netflix password will update on all of your devices.
How to reset Netflix password?
1. You’ll need to reset it if you’ve forgotten your Netflix password and are unable to access your account.
*On the Netflix login page, click or tap the “Need help?” link located beneath the Sign In button.
2. Click or tap the Email Me button, choose Email, and then enter your email address.
In order to recover access to your account, Netflix will send you a message with advice on how to change your password.
3. You can also select Text Message (SMS), enter your phone number, and then select the Text Me button to get directions sent to your phone.
4. Click or tap “I can’t recall my email address or phone number” if you’ve updated the email address or phone number you used to sign up for Netflix.
In order to reset your password, Netflix will then request your name and payment or debit card information.
Netflix advises using a special password for each account and changing it on a regular basis. Netflix advises creating a password that is at least eight characters long, a mixture of uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and symbols, and free of personal information such as names or dictionary terms.