In case you are facing 100 percent disk usage windows 10, it means due to some reason your disk usage is maxed out. And due to this, your system performance is hampered. And one needs to try the correct solutions to fix it.
Here in the article, we will look at some troubleshooting methods to fix this problem. This is not a very hard or difficult problem, one can easily fix it with the proper steps.
Solutions for Windows modules installer worker high disk
Method 1: Restart Your System
One of the common ways to fix any problem is restarting the device or software. So, to fix the High disk usage windows 10 problem, restarting the system is an easy and effective measure. This may not help you to detect the cause of the problem, but allow you to eradicate it.
Method 2: Update Windows
Downloading and installing the latest updates can often resolve many problems with your Windows 10 system. So, you should check for the latest update by going into the “Update and security” section.
You can check for new updates and in case they are available, install them. Follow these steps to do it.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Update & Security settings.
- Click on the Windows Update.
Method 3: Check for the corrupted or missing file
There are instances when the corrupted or missing file is the cause of the Windows 100 disk usage problem. To make sure this is the reason for you, run a system scan to detect broken system files.
Method 4: Check for Malware
You may end up facing this problem in case your system is infected with malware. In case you have the antivirus software downloaded to your system it should have detected the malware. And if not, run a deep scan of your system to detect the potential cause. This may take a while.
Method 5: Change Energy Options from Balanced to High Performance
Change Energy Options from Balanced to High Performance. This change in energy settings appears to have worked for various clients who have encountered 100 percent plate utilization on Windows 10. These steps will help you do it.
- Go to Power Options.
- You need to select change plan settings.
- Also, you are required to choose to change advanced power settings.
- Select the High-performance option from the drop-down box.
- Make sure all plan settings are set to their defaults.
Method 6: Perform a disk check
These steps will help you to run a disk check.
- First of all, on your keyboard, press the Windows key and X at the same time.
- And then choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Click Yes at the User Account Control prompt.
- The command prompt will appear again. Enter the following command:
- chkdsk.exe /f /r
- Press Enter on your keyboard, then type Y to confirm that you’d like to perform the disk check the next time you restart your computer.
- You need to make sure you have closed all of your applications first.
Method 7: Temporarily turn off your antivirus
Another way to fix your problem is to temporarily turn off your antivirus software. Turn it off, and see if the situation gets better.
If yes, you may want to consider changing antivirus packages.
We wish the article is what you are looking for and the methods are pretty much clear to you. These are very straightforward and simple steps to perform. So, read the article and try out these solutions, and get rid of your problem.