Outlook’s calendar and scheduling function, Calendar, is extensively linked with email, contacts, and other services. You can start typing in any time period in the Outlook Calendar, just like you would in a notebook.
Your events aren’t shared with anyone because your calendar isn’t. Regardless of the settings you select for your event, only you will be able to see it. When you share your calendar with others, you can choose to allow them to: Only free/busy is visible. Or when you share your calendar with others, you can specify how they will see your events and whether or not they will be able to make modifications such as adding or changing events. Check your calendar to see when it’s full and when it’s empty, but not the names or specifics of your activities. So you can export your outlook calendar to google calendar without any worry.
Export outlook calendar to google calendar or google.
You’re exporting a snapshot of your Outlook calendar to Google Calendar when you do so. Any modifications you make to your Outlook calendar will not appear in Google Calendar automatically.
Here’s how to do it.
1. Open the Calendar in Outlook and pick the calendar you wish to export.
2. Save the calendar by going to File > Save Calendar.
3. In the File name box, type a name for the iCalendar file or use the default name.
Next to More Options, you’ll notice a summary with the calendar name, date range, and detail level. Skip to step 7 if you’re satisfied with the summary; otherwise, go back to step 4.
4. Select More Options from the drop-down menu.
5. Choose the amount of calendar data you wish to include in the iCalendar file by clicking the Date Range arrow, or click Specify dates to input a custom date range.
Tip: If you select a broad date range or the Whole calendar option, you may end up with a large iCalendar file that takes a long time to generate.
6. Select the amount of detail you want to see by clicking the Detail arrow.
7. After that, click OK, then Save.
If your calendar is blank, you’ll get a notice asking if you want to save the iCalendar file.
Because there is no “Export” or “Save,” only “Publish,” there are a few steps to exporting calendars:
1) Select the calendar you want in the section “Publish a Calendar,” select “Can view all details,” and click “Publish” at https://outlook.live.com/calendar/0/options/calendar/SharedCalendars (Settings > All Outlook Settings > Calendar > Shared Calendars).
2) To download an iCal (ics) copy of your calendar, copy the ICS link supplied and paste it into the address bar of a new tab.
3) Add the file to an existing or new Google Calendar.
You can also “subscribe” to the Published URL using “Add Calendar,” although updates to the MS calendar may take some time to update in Google if you do so.
If all else fails, you can import your Outlook calendar into your GSuite account and check how they overlap.
1. Open Outlook.com’s Calendar and select the calendar you want to export.
2. Select File, then Save Calendar from the drop-down menu. Type the name of the iCalendar file in the File name field, or leave it blank.
3. To change any of the calendar’s details, go to More Options and then Date Range. Make any necessary changes to the details.
4. Go to your Google Calendar account and sign in. Then select Settings from the drop-down menu.
5. On the left side of the screen, click Import & Export.
6. Select a file from your computer by clicking Select file from your computer. Click Open after selecting the file you created previously. Your Google calendar should now show all of your Outlook events.
You may easily arrange meetings and events, as well as receive reminders about forthcoming activities, using Google Calendar. Calendar is made for groups, so it’s simple to share your schedule with others and create numerous calendars for you and your colleagues to use. And this will be only possible when you know how to use it.
Hope the above methods helps you in every possible way.
Join the discussion