People use Facebook on a daily basis to share their lives, connect with friends and family, and form communities. It’s a service that allows more than two billion individuals to freely express themselves in dozens of languages across countries and cultures. Follow these steps to deactivate or delete Facebook, or adjust your privacy settings, if you’ve been considering taking a break from Facebook or have decided it’s time to leave the site for good.
This post will show you how to permanently erase your Facebook account without the ability to recover it.
How to delete a Facebook account permanently?
1. Go to the Facebook Deleted Accounts page. By putting https://www.facebook.com/help/delete account into the address bar of a web browser and pressing Enter, go to https://www.facebook.com/help/delete account.
If you aren’t already logged in, enter your account’s email address or phone number and password, then click Log In. It’s a blue button in the page’s middle.
2. Tap on to Delete My Account from the drop-down menu. It’s just underneath the middle-of-the-page caution statement. A pop-up window appears when you click it.
3. Re-enter your password. In the “Password” field at the top of the window, type your password.
4. Enter the captcha code into the box. You’ll type your response into the field below the code, which is a mess of characters and numbers in the middle of the window.
* If you can’t read the code, you can generate a new one by clicking either the Try another text or an audio captcha link underneath it.
5. Click the OK button. This will send your code to the server. A new pop-up window will display if the answer is right.
* You’ll be asked to try again if you typed your password or captcha code incorrectly.
6. To delete your account, click OK. It can be found near the bottom of the pop-up window. It may take up to 14 days for your account to be completely removed from Facebook, but it will be gone after that time.
How to deactivate a Facebook account?
Follow the following instructions to deactivate your Facebook account.
1. Tap on the upper right of Facebook from your primary profile.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and touch Settings and Privacy, then Settings.
3. Select Account Ownership and Control from the drop-down menu. If you have access to a Page in the new Pages experience on Facebook: Select Profile Access and Control from the drop-down menu.
4. Tao on to Deactivation and Delete from the drop-down menu.
5. Tap Deactivate Account, then Continue to Account Deactivation and confirm by following the on-screen prompts.
How to delete a Facebook account on the phone?
In a browser, you can delete your account in a slightly different way:
1. In any mobile browser, go to Facebook.com.
2. In the upper-right corner, tap the menu symbol (three horizontal lines).
3. Roll down to the bottom of the page and tap on to Settings.
4. Tap Account Ownership and Control after scrolling down to Your Facebook Information.
5. Deactivation and deletion are tapped.
6. Continue to Account Deletion after selecting Delete Account.
7. Choose a cause for deletion, or proceed to the next step by tapping Continue to Account Deletion. If you select a reason, Facebook will provide you with options other than deletion, such as managing notifications, changing privacy settings, banning or reporting people, seeking security assistance, and making new friends.
8. If you want to keep using Messenger, go to the next screen and deactivate your account. Facebook also allows you to export your information and store posts to your archive. It also displays all apps you use to log in using Facebook and warns you that your accounts may be cancelled.
9. Tap Delete Account when you’re ready to go.
Note: You can cancel your account deletion if it has been less than 30 days since you started it.
Hope this article of ours helped you in every way and you did not face any problem.