Facing the ‘how do I get my hp printer from offline to online’ problem?
This is a very common issue that occurs with the HP printer. You can easily fix this issue. Read the full article to fix the ‘how do I switch my hp printer from offline to online?’ issue.
Solutions for how do I get my printer back online
Solution 1: Set your printer as a default printer
A user must make sure that he set his HP printer as a default printer to troubleshoot HP printer offline error.
If the printer is not set as the default printer, then you may face this issue. To set your printer as a default printer, follow the below-given steps.
- First, click on the start button at the bottom of your system. Select the Control Panel option.
- Click on the Devices and Printers option.
- Now, a user needs to select the hp printer from the given list.
- A user needs to select the “set as a default printer.”
- Once you have done it, your change a Printer from offline to online, and you will do your work without any issue.
Solution 2: Check your printer’s offline mode
Occasionally, this issue occurs when your printer is set on an offline mode, and users are not aware of this. Make sure your printer is not on offline mode. And to do this, steps are given below-
- First, click on the start button at the bottom of your system, and after this select the settings option.
- Choose device options.
- Now, click on the printer and scanners.
- Choose your hp printer and right-click on it.
- From the given options, untick the use printer offline mode.
Solution 3: Check your network connection or cables
If you are using the wired hp printer, then ensure your cables are working fine. Check your USB cable is inserted properly into the computer as well as the printer. Also, check your Ethernet cables, if the printer has networks.
- In case of a wireless connection, check your internet connection and the router.
- Use other cables or try different sockets on your computer.
- Keep your printer within a range of the network.
Solution 4: Check your printer drivers
Your outdated printer is also the reason for your HP printer offline error. Your hp printer shows this error when you use outdated or faulty printer drivers. A user needs to follow the below-given steps to re-install or update the printer drivers.
- To re-install the printer drivers, go to the start button and select the control panel option.
- Click on the remove programs and uninstall the existing HP printer drivers.
- After that, download the new printer drivers.
- You can download the new printer drivers on the official website of HP printers.
- After that, install the new HP printer drivers.
- To update the printer drivers, a user needs to go to the Windows search.
- Here, click on the Device Manager option.
- Select printer option
- Now, select your printer model and right-click on it.
- At last, choose the update driver option.
- Once it has been done, restart your device.
Solution 5: Check your printer spooler setting
In many cases, your hp printer offline error occurs when the printer spooler is stopped. To troubleshoot the issue, follow the mentioned steps.
- First, open the ‘Run’ dialog box and type “Services.msc” and select OK.
- Click on the ‘Print Spooler’ option from the list.
- Right-click on the Print Spooler option and click on the Stop.
- After that, click on the address bar and type C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printer, and select OK.
- A user needs to delete all the files from the printer folder.
- At last, go back to the ‘Print Spooler’ option and right-click on it.
- Choose the Start option to resume the spooler service once again.
We wish we answer you ‘how do you fix change a Printer from offline to online’ properly. These are simple steps yet effective steps.
Join the discussion