Roku not connecting to WIFI issue is very common question below is solutions for same. Simply put, Roku is a device that allows you to stream both free and paid video content to your television via the Internet. Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and other TV and movie streaming services download on Roku devices in the same way that apps do on smartphones.
This post will show you how to troubleshoot a Roku that won’t connect to WIFI, as well as how to test the signal strength. If you lose that connection, you’ll need to troubleshoot the issue before you can use the device properly. You should try to reconnect your WIFI, if your tools and tests stopped working. Here’s how to fix to issue:
1. To access the side menu, press Left on the remote from the home screen. Then go to Settings by scrolling down.
2. To access Settings, press Right on the remote, then Right again to access Network. Press right if you want to go back to the return page.
3. Press OK after scrolling down to Set Up Connection > Wireless.
4. A wireless scan for adjacent networks will be performed by the system. When it’s finished, you’ll get a list of neighboring networks. In the list, look for your network and click OK.
5. Fill in your WIFI network’s password, then scroll down to Connect and push OK on the remote. If you insert the correct WIFI password internet will connect automatically.
6. The menu will disappear if the connection was successful, and you will now see pertinent information on the About page.
Roku tv not connecting to WIFI.
If you Roku tv not connecting to WIFI, you need to focus on the below mentioned precautionary.
1. Examine your internet connection.
2. Restart your Roku if it hasn’t done so already.
3. Your WIFI router and modem need be reset.
4. Roku should be placed closer to the network and modem.
5. Roku should be connected to the internet through an Ethernet connection.
6. Contact Roku’s customer service.
Roku unable to connect to wireless network.
Now we will explain you, what to do if your Roku player is unable to connect to your wireless network.
1. Before connecting your Roku device to the Internet, check the wifi settings on your router. Click here for additional information. One of the most common causes of wireless connection failure is choosing the incorrect wireless network. Also, double-check that the wireless password is correct. If you’re not sure, try entering it again. It’s important to keep in mind that this password is case-sensitive.
2. Step 2: Verify that your router is operational. Connect your computer, laptop, or any other device to the router before attempting to access the Internet. You can move on to the following step if you can connect to the Internet on another device.
3. If you’re still having trouble connecting to your wireless network after completing Steps 1 and 2, the problem is most likely with the strength of your wireless signal. Move your Roku device closer to your router to see if it helps.
4. If that doesn’t work, try restarting the Roku device as well as your router. Go to Settings > System > Power > System Restart to restart the Roku device. You can also unplug the Roku and then reconnect it to the power supply.
If you have previously connected to your router, the Roku player will immediately rejoin. Complete the network setup step if you haven’t connected to your router before or if you’re setting up your Roku device for the first time.
Hope the above mentioned fixes helps you completely.
Join the discussion