Outlook.com is a Microsoft that includes webmail, calendaring, contacts, tasks, and a personal software management system. Outlook.com has pledged to protect users’ privacy, focusing on Gmail’s privacy practices. For example, Outlook.com does not check for advertising material in emails or attachments, and personal chats are completely ad-free.
While creating an account on Outlook, different questions come to the mind of the users. These questions are like:
1. How to set up an outlook email account?
2. How to create an outlook account?
3. How to create an outlook email account?
4. How to add an email account on Outlook?
5. How to create a new account and sign in?
1. Set up an outlook email account.
The following are the steps to create an Outlook email account:
1. Start Outlook.
2. Select a file from the file menu.
3. Click the “Add Account” button.
4. Click Next after selecting Manual setup or additional server types.
5. Choose between POP and IMAP. After that, click the next button.
6. Fill out Your Name and Full Email Address in the POP and IMAP Account Settings.
7. In the Server Information section, choose IMAP as the Account Type. Set the incoming mail server to IMAP-mail.outlook.com and the outgoing mail server (SMTP) to smtp-mail.outlook.com.
8. Fill in your User Name and Password next to Logon Information, then select the box next to Remember Password. Then select More Settings from the dropdown menu.
9. Select the Outgoing Server option from the dropdown menu. Enable My outgoing mail server (SMTP) requires authentication and has the same configuration as my incoming mail server.
10. Select the Advanced option from the dropdown menu. Set the Incoming server (IMAP) to 993 with SSL encryption and the Outgoing server (SMTP) to 587 with TLS encryption for port configurations.
11. When you’re finished, click OK, then Next.
12. If the account successfully signs in, click Close.
13. Finish by clicking the Finish button.
14. To complete the settings, you must restart Outlook. Restart Outlook after clicking ‘OK.’
15. Mail should sync automatically. However, it will take some time to finish.
2. Create an outlook email account.
You can access your email, calendar, tasks, and contacts from anywhere you have an internet connection with a free Outlook.com account. When you’re ready, go to Outlook.com and create a new email account:
1. Open a web browser and navigate to the Outlook.com sign-up page, where you can choose to create a free account.
2. Type a username, part of the email address, before @outlook.com.
3. Select the dropdown arrow to the far right of the username field to change the province from the default outlook.com to hotmail.com. Then choose Next.
4. Select Next after entering a password.
5. Select Next after entering your first and last names in the fields provided.
6. Select your country/region, then enter your birthdate before moving to the next step.
7. Select Next after entering the characters from the CAPTCHA image.
8. Outlook will create an account for you and show you a welcome page.
9. You can now access your new Outlook.com account via the web or email clients on computers and mobile devices.
How to add an email account?
1. Select File > Add Account in Outlook.
2. You’ll see a welcome screen if you’ve never used Outlook before.
3. Select Connect after entering your email address.
4. Enter your name, email address, and Password. If your screen looks different, then select Next.
5. Enter your Password and select OK if prompted.
6. Finish is the last option.
Through the above procedure, you can resolve the issues you are facing. Hope this article is useful to you.