Install Windows defender Windows 10 step by step guide. Because we spend so much of our time online and have so many vital files stored on our devices, it’s critical to be protected against viruses that can cause havoc. Microsoft Defender Antivirus, usually known as Windows Defender, is an antivirus application pre-installed on Windows 10. Unlike other antivirus products such as McAfee, Microsoft Defender is free and does not require any further installation.
Microsoft Defender is a tracking prevention feature that helps you regulate how websites monitor your data and gives you more control over your privacy settings when you’re online. It also includes a password generator and a password monitor, which will alert you if any of your passwords have been hacked.
Today in this article, we will discuss the following issues which many users have been through while using Windows Defender.
List of issues with Install Windows defender Windows 10
- How to reinstall windows defender definitions for windows 10?
- What to do if windows defender does not allow installation?
- How to install windows defender definitions for Windows 10?
- How to download the Windows defender installer?
Before starting with the article, you need to know that Windows Defender is an antivirus application pre-installed on Windows 10. You need to enable it through the following step:
How to enable Windows defender in Windows 10
- In the lower-left corner of the screen, click the Windows logo.
- Scroll down and tap on “windows security.”
- Check the windows security panel to see if you have any antivirus software installed and running on your machine:
If it shows the “Green tick,” your machine has an antivirus application installed and running. Because windows defender already protects your computer, you do not need to enable it.
And if it shows “no tick,” that means there is no antivirus on your machine, and windows defender is turned off. Please go to the following step to enable windows defender and protect your computer.
- Tap on the “Virus & threat protection” option.
- After that next step is to click on to virus & protection icon.
- In the end, turn on the “real-time protection.”
How to Install or reinstall window defenders definitions for windows 10?
There are two ways to install Windows Defender manually:
- Traditional approach
- Using PowerShell in Windows
1) To start manually upgrading Windows Defender, you’ll need to figure out if you’re running Windows 7/8.1/10 in 32-bit or 64-bit mode.
2) The following step is to get the installer files for the Windows version you’re running. Here’s where you can get them:
For the Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 with 32-bit version
For the Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 with 64-bit version
3) To install Windows Defender, go to the downloads area and double-click the downloaded file. To upgrade Windows Defender, follow the directions provided by the installation process.
It is how you manually install windows defender using the traditional approach.
Using Windows PowerShell:
- Press Win Key + Q’ and input ‘Windows PowerShell’ to manually install Windows Defender using Windows PowerShell. Select the option ‘Run as administrator,’ which is in the context menu when you right-click on it.
- When prompted for credentials, provide them.
- Type ‘cd..’ and hit the ‘Enter’ key. Then press the ‘Enter’ key and type ‘cd..’ again.
- Type this command and press the ‘Enter’ key to update definitions.
Through these two methods, you can install or reinstall definitions for Windows 10.
We hope the article is all you are looking for. And the clarification given above is helpful to you. You can resolve your particular issues through this method in very less time. Hope you didn’t face any problems during the process.
Join the discussion