If you are an Adobe acrobat user, you may have experienced the Adobe acrobat reader not working. Adobe Acrobat is an easy to use tool. With the help of Adobe Acrobat reader, you can easily create PDFS. You can edit, print the PDFs, and share them with the others.
Please read the article as in this article we will discuss the Adobe acrobat not working problem.
Adobe acrobat not opening issue can occur due to various reasons.
Some of them are the following.
- The program may not have sufficient permissions to run properly.
- It may not be compatible with your device.
- A Corrupt Adobe acrobat reader is also responsible for the error.
Adobe Reader is not working on Windows 10
You can try these quick fixes to troubleshoot your Adobe reader’s stopped working problem.
Solution 1: Run as an administrator
Whenever you run an application as an administrator, it has full admittance to all your working framework documents that sound truly confined. So the first thing you should do is to run as an administrator.
The following steps will help you in this regard.
- Firstly, right-click on the Adobe shortcut.
- Go to Properties.
- Next, you need to move to the Shortcut tab in the Properties window.
- Click on the Advanced option.
- Check the box for Run as administrator.
- Last, it would help if you press OK.
Method 2: Run Adobe Acrobat in Compatibility Mode
There are instances when updating the program causes the issue. And for the compatibility mode, older versions of Windows can be used as operating systems.
- At first, you should right-click on the adobe acrobat shortcut.
- In the next step, move to Properties.
- Now, you must move to the Compatibility tab in the Properties window.
- And then tick the box for Compatibility mode.
- You need to select any older Windows version from the available options.
- Choose Apply.
- Last, it would help if you chose OK.
Method 3: Disable Protected Mode
Protected Mode is a security highlight presented in Reader 10.0 that shields clients from infections and assaults. It is beneficial for your security; however, it once in a while confounds documents as harmful and doesn’t open them accurately.
- At the start need to press Win + R to open the Run command.
- In the box, enter Regedit.
- Next, you need to enter to open Registry Editor.
- You need to paste the Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockDown address into the Registry Editor.
- Now, you must Right-click and navigate to New > DWORD Value.
- You need to rename the file to “bProtectedMode.”
- Right-click the file and click on Modify.
- Change data value to 0 to disable Protected Mode.
Method 4: Remove and Reinstall
If the methods mentioned above won’t work, you also fix the adobe acrobat reader not opening issue by removing and reinstalling it. Choose the given steps for it.
- First, restart your device.
- In the next step, download the Adobe Reader DC and Acrobat DC Cleaner Tool.
- Now, run the Adobe Reader DC and Acrobat DC Cleaner Tool and Select Reader.
- You need to select Clean Now to start the removal procedure.
- Restart your computer after the Adobe Reader DC and Acrobat DC Cleaner Tool finishes removing Acrobat Reader DC.
- You need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- Right-click the setup file and click on the Properties option.
- Under the Compatibility tab, check the box next to ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 or Windows 7.
- Install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- Last, you need to restart your computer after the installation procedure.