Microsoft Excel is a very useful software that enables users to format, organize and calculate data in a spreadsheet. Many users use Microsoft excel for their work, and Microsoft Excel has stopped working is one of the common issues faced by the users.
There are times when Microsoft Excel does not respond, freezes, and crashes. There are many reasons why excel is not working; problem shows up. Have a look at the reasons for the problem.
What are the causes of Excel not responding to problems?
- Your Excel application might be, as of now, being utilized by any other interaction.
- Outdated antivirus programming or at some point confliction of antivirus programming with Excel.
- Another program on your PC might be clashing with your Excel application.
- Recently introduced or Pre-introduced add-in might be impeding your Excel application from appropriate work.
- It might be your MS Office program’s requirements to get fixed.
- When you haven’t installed the Excel application’s most recent updates.
Methods to fix Excel not opening windows 10
Method 1: Install the Latest Update
There is the possibility that you have not installed the latest office and windows update. It is always better to use the latest version for popping up with no problem. You can follow the given steps to install the latest update.
- Open Control Panel
- In the next step, click on System and Security.
- You must set it to the Automatic Mode by Start Maintenance option.
Method 2: Start Excel In Safe Mode
If Microsoft Excel is not responding, you can fix the issue by opening it in a Safe Mode. You can refer to the steps for this.
- Initially, open the Run dialog box. For this, press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
- Next, type excel.exe /safe and press the Enter key.
- It will open Microsoft Excel in Safe Mode.
- Now, try to open the non-responsive Excel file again.
- And if the file opens, then save it.
Method 3: Disable Add-Ins
Another way to resolve the Microsoft issue is by disabling the Add-ins. The given steps will help you to disable Add-Ins.
- Start the procedure by opening Microsoft Excel into Safe Mode.
- In the next step, choose the File option at the top left corner of the screen.
- You need to click on the Excel Options.
- Choose the Add-ins option.
- Next, you need to click on the Excel Add-ins option.
- Select the go button to open the Add-Ins selection window.
- And then, you need to disable all the Add-Ins present on your system.
- Uncheck the box present along with the active Add-Ins.
- Lastly, click on the OK option to save the changes.
After performing these steps, you need to reboot your Microsoft Excel and check for the issue.
Method 4: Change the Default Printer
Many may think changing a default printer will help Microsoft not respond to problems. At whatever point the client opens an Excel Spreadsheet, then it inside attempts to speak with the associated Printers to check for the viable edges.
- First of all, open the Control Panel.
- In the next step, you need to select the Printer and Devices.
- To set the Printer to default, you have to right-click on the Microsoft XPS Document Writer.
- Lastly, it would help if you tried to open the Excel File again to check the issue.
We hope the article will be able to fix your Microsoft Excel problem. These mentioned steps are very easy to perform, and one may not find any difficulty performing them.
Join the discussion