Try to open task manager but Task manager not working? There are times when you try to open it but face the errors which show Windows task manager not working problem.
If you are looking for the solutions to the “My task manager is not working in windows 10” problem, then the article is all you need. Here, we will give you proper insight into the problem.
Let’s first look at what is Windows 10 task manager?
Task Manager is an essential part of Windows frameworks. It empowers you to see every one of the applications and cycles running on your PC and the public exhibition of the PC. You may most typically utilize Task Manager to end an undertaking or close a not-answering project, so you don’t need to restart your PC.
Here are the solutions you need to try to fix the “My task manager is not working” problem. Have a look.
Solution 1: Run SFC Scan
System File Checker is a free device made by Microsoft that can assist you with fixing a horde of corruption issues that happen on your Windows.
- First, you want to open the Run box by pressing the Windows logo key and the R key.
- In the subsequent stage, type msconfig and press Enter.
- You are expected to tick on Safe Boot in Boot and snap OK.
- You need to click on the Restart option.
- Last, you are expected to run SFC/scannow to check whether it works.
Solution 2: Check for the updates
One of the other ways to fix the bug with your Windows is to update it to the latest version. If you have not updated your Window in a while, go for this method.
- Go to Settings and select Update & Security.
- On the next Window, click on Check for Updates.
- Your system will then check if new updates are available for your Windows computer.
Solution 3: Enable Task Manager via Registry
Try to modify the registry settings to troubleshoot the Performance tab not working.
- Press the Windows key and R to open the Run dialog box on your keyboard.
- Type Regedit and click OK to open the Registry Editor window.
- Click Yes if prompted by User Account Control.
- Go to the Policies option.
- If there is no System key under Policies, you need to right-click on Policies, select New and then Key to create it.
- Choose New and DWORD (32-bit) Value under System.
- It would help if you named the new DWORD as DisableTaskMg.
- Double-click on it and set the value to 0, then click OK.
- You are required to close the Registry Editor window.
- Last, you need to restart your computer and check if Task Manger can respond.
Solution 4: Check for the Virus
You can face the problem because of some viruses and malware. So, it is better to run the scan for the viruses. So, download and install the antivirus software and scan your system.
We hope this write-up helps you fix your task manager not working on windows 10. All the mentioned solutions are quick fixes and easy to try out. However, in case of any trouble, you can contact the experts. The executives will look into your problem and provide you with instant solutions. Here you will get assistance from the experts and easily get rid of your task manager who is not working on the windows 10 problem.