Hotmail is a widely known webmail service, and now it is known as Outlook. It blocks the spam mail from your account so that spam mail won’t create any issues. It has many other excellent features. And to make it more secure and safe, a user must frequently change the Hotmail login password.
There are times when users face a ”forgot my Hotmail password” issue. If you cannot recall your Hotmail password, you need not worry, as this article will help you out. Here, you will see the steps for the Hotmail account recovery password and reset your Hotmail login password. So, let’s begin.
There are three ways to recover or reset your Hotmail password. You can opt for the most suitable one for yourself.
Method 1: Using a Computer without a Recovery Email or Phone Numbers
- First, open your browser and enter https://account.live.com/acsr in it.
- In the next step, you must enter the account you want to recover. You can enter a Hotmail or Outlook account.
- Also, you need to enter an alternate email address. Enter the “Where should we contact you?” below section.
- Type the characters and hit the click option.
- Go to your alternate email address, and look for the 4-digit security code.
- You are required to enter the security code.
- Click on the verify option.
- Type your personal information, and click the next option.
- Last, follow the instruction and complete the process.
Method 2: Using the Outlook Mobile App
- Open Outlook.
- You need to click on the Add account option in the next step. It is the blue button at the bottom of the page.
- Type your email address and click Continue. Enter you email address you wish to recover.
- Click Continue and choose Forgot hotmail password option.
- Enter either your email address or phone number.
- It would be best if you pressed the Get code option. You will receive a recovery code on your phone number or email address.
- You are required to retrieve the recovery code. There are multiple options for you to do it, such as email and text. Open your recovery email and get the recovery code from there. Also, you can retrieve the security code from your phone’s Message app.
- After that, you must enter the recovery code and choose Next.
- Click on the Next option when prompted.
- By clicking it, you will be back to the sign-in page where you can sign in to your account using your new password.
Method 3: Using a Computer with a Recovery Email or Phone Number
- Open your browser and enter https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx.
- In the next step, enter the email address you wish to recover.
- Choose the Next option.
- Choose the method by which you wish to recover your account.
- You are required to enter your email address or phone number.
- Click get code and retrieve the recovery mode.
- Enter a new password.
- Click Next when prompted.
We hope the steps are clear to you and you can easily follow them. So, reset your hotmail password and log in Hotmail account with a password. It is important to change the password once in a while. Doing it helps to make sure that there is no hacked account or any other stuff to destroy your mail account. Hackers can easily reach up to your data.
Hotmail tries to provide security for your mail and tries to enhance its features of it. By resetting the password or logging in to your Hotmail account, you can see the needed emails.