Not sure what to do when the hp laserjet printer keeps going offline? It is one of the common issues that occur with the HP printer. My hp laserjet printer is offline is one of the problems that affect the work of the HP users.
So, if the problem occurs with you, then this article is all for you. We have explained the causes and troubleshooting methods to fix the HP laserjet printer offline issue.
Causes of the hp laserjet Printer offline issue
- Driver issue: The corrupted or outdated printer drivers cause the printer to go offline repeatedly.
- Antivirus Software: if you have antivirus software in your system, the hp Deskjet plus 4100 offline error also occurs.
- Use printer offline: If the Use printer offline mode is enabled, the printer also starts queuing documents instead of printing them.
- Static IP: You are using the dynamic port instead of the static port, which results in a mismatch with the information on your system.
Consider the following checks if the computer says the HP laserjet printer is offline:
- Check whether the HP printer is installed properly or not.
- Look for the HP printer assistant on your computer.
- Verify internet speed and stability.
- Your printer and system are connected through the same internet connection.
Troubleshooting methods to fix laserjet printer offline issue
Have doubts regarding what you need to fix the hp laserjet printer offline? If you do, then the following methods will help you out. Try them out, and you are good.
Method 1: Check whether Printer offline Mode is selected
You need to make sure that the offline printer mode is not selected. Because if that option is selected, then your Hp printer offline issue occurs. To make sure whether the Offline mode option is selected or not, follow the steps:
- First, click on the Start menu.
- Select the Settings option.
- Now, you need to select the devices option.
- Then, click on the printer and scanner options.
- After that, select the Hp laserjet Printer from the listed printer.
- Right-click on it.
- Last, if your Use Printer Offline is checked, you must uncheck it.
Method 2: Check your Cables
You are supposed to check the cables if the Hp laserjet printer offline issue occurs.
- Check both ends of the USB cable.
- You can also try to connect the printer cables to different sockets.
- Use other cables instead of using the existing ones.
Method 3: Set the printer as the default printer
Another way of fixing the Hp laserjet Printer offline issue is to set your Hp laserjet Printer as a default printer.
- Go to the start menu.
- In the next step, select the Control Panel option.
- Now, choose the Devices and Printer option.
- Then, you are required to select the Hp laserjet printer from the list.
- After that, select the set as a default printer option.
Method 4: Check your network connection
Sometimes your network connectivity leads to a laserjet printer offline issue.
- In this case, you are required to check the network connectivity. Check whether your network is working properly or not.
- Also, check your router.
- Ensure your printer is within the range of the connection.
- Place your printer where the network connection is strong.
Method 5: Check your Printer driver
Sometimes, your printer driver becomes the responsibility of your Hp laserjet printer offline issue. Your corrupted and faulty drivers cause you trouble. So a user needs to update or reinstall the Hp laserjet printer drivers. To reinstall or update the printer drivers, a user needs to visit the Hp laserjet printer’s official website. Here you can find the latest version of the printer drivers.
We wish the article frees you from your printer offline problem. All the methods given in the write-up are not difficult as long as you keep your calm and perform them rightly. So, keep yourself patient and perform the methods calmly.
Join the discussion